Apr 6, 2010

Police Brutality KBOO Radio at 10:00am 90.7

Not a good queer has been invited to speak in regards to homelessness and mental health on KBOO. Thanks I will enjoy my 3 minutes of speaking out. How much will it cost me? I think for the most part the police are not listening to KBOO. But their are many including Jesse Jackson that will say, "what the hell is going on with the Portland Police". I say it is about the color of one's skin, mental health status, and financial status. Generally speaking the police work for the business's in the city of Portland whose money pays for their salaries.

Yes, the city has people protesting out in streets, the Department of Justice is suppose to be involved, and now the media is involved. I believe the homeless problem peaked during former Mayor Tom Potter. His open disdain of the homeless only created and heighten the police's distaste for the homeless. This atmosphere created the death of James Chasse, a well known case of abuse, that the city has still not settled it's lawsuit. Another homeless person with mental health issues is shot dead. The response of the protesters going up to the South East police precinct was an awesome direct message of revolt. When the systems in society are broken to protect it's citizens, then their are two societies. The society that will get justice and the other society who wants to run when they see the police. I have personally ran from their hate repeatedly and I know that I am lucky to be alive today.

We still rise, I will not apologize for anything!

Not a Good Queer on Blog Spot!

1 comment:

Not a Good Queer said...

I enoyed speaking out against the police. I congratulate the press and the protestors for winning a small battle against the police. For now on, the police have to call in for crisis back up in situations that invole people with mental illness. THe police unions response was strong and they een used the words "insulting". What they are insulted about is the fact people actually beleie their is a problem. This response not helping the situation but escalating tension between the police and the general public. If Scott Westerman said, yeah, of course we will take all the help we can get because you know were just on big commmunity. This was not said as the Portland Police are just a "tight" community.

Love those guys in suits. Too funny!