Mar 25, 2011

Live Now. EE. CUmmings

AFTERLIFE


When living for what's after life

We put the horse behind the cart.

We should bet on the here and now

And not what's after we depart.


What's after life I do not know.

Had I the facts, I'd tell of course.

If there is one who has been there

I want these answers from that source.



Where do we go? What do we do?

Do we look on those left behind?

Please let me see the evidence.

I do not want a faith that's blind.



There is none; thus until we're there

The afterlife remains a myth.

But still I've had some idle thoughts.

Here are two I've been toying with.



Suppose agents are partly right;

But afterlife just mirrors life.

So when we fly to Paradise

Our baggage is our current strife.



If 'after' is linked to 'before'

That fact another message sends.

By blowing our 'earth' all to hell

The life in 'heaven' also ends.



So just in case, it would be wise

On earth a heaven to create.

Then if there is an afterlife

We'll find it in a peaceful state.




We still rise, we will not apologize for anything!

No comments: